The word ที่ (thîi) is commonly known as the word at in English. However, it has more uses that that. This word can be used as a relative pronoun that in Thai. In this lesson, you will learn how to use ที่ (thîi) as the word that.
ที่ (thîi) as the word that in Thai
- In English, not just the word that used as a relative pronoun, but also the words which, who, whom and whose depending on what you are referring to. However, it is easier in Thai language because you can only use the word ที่ (thîi) to refer to anything.
– phûu-chaay khon thîi sây mùak pen phîi chán
– A man who wears a hat is my older brother.
– nîi khɨɨ ʔan thîi chán chɔ̂ɔp
– This is the one that I like.
– kháw khǎay bâan thîi chán rák pay.
– He sold the house that I love.
– wan-níi pen wan thîi dii
– Today is a day that is good. (Today is a good day.)
– man pen mǎa thîi yùu kàp chán maa 10 pii
– It is the dog that has lived with me for 10 years.
– chán chɔ̂ɔp thîi thîi chán yùu tɔɔn-níi mâak mâak
– I like the place where I live right now very much.
Keep on reading: ต้อง ต้องการ (tɔ̂ŋ, tɔ̂ŋ-kaan) as a word have to in Thai >>